Should I still give him another chance?

Anna

Ok so here is the backstory

So I met this guy in last year and he asked me out. Yay. He then proceeded to not come to school for three weeks so I didn’t see him for three weeks after we started dating. We never went on any actual dates because he “couldn’t do it” and then he never came to school much this went on for almost 2 months during which we had Christmas break. I had given him a Christmas present and I truly loved him. So after Christmas break I broke up with him. He gave me the reason of “I have family issues and personal issues and I want to focus on those and I can’t come to school” as the reason he never came to school. It was really tense between us. We then became friends again and we talked a bunch. Sooo fast forward to this school year I see him and I’m like yummm. So I started liking him again. Keep in mind this is my ex. We talked a bunch and he still liked me and all that so he asked me out again. We were playing truth or dare and he said he wanted to date me for a year or more. Sooo I said yes we started dating I was super happy. I though I was gonna have a date to homecoming. Butttt five days after we started dating again he broke up with me saying “I want to focus on school and family so I can’t do this. I think we should just be friends”. That was on a day I had marching band practice and we had just gone back to the band room where I had left my phone to charge. So I opened up snapchat and saw that. I instantly because sad and confused. Because it was almost the same excuse he used last time. I went to my friends and told them and showed them. Obviously they kinda were like “I told you so” but they were really nice about it and comforted me. So I still like him but I don’t think I can go through that anymore. And I want your opinion. So should I give him another chance or not? I mean my heart has been broken twice by him.