Getting induced...

Andrea

Good news! Our little one is head down, she was breech for the last few weeks, and she had dropped within the last 4-5 days! However, not so good news, she's measuring about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks behind where she "should be" this far into the pregnancy. Because of this I'm being induced on November 8th if I dont go into labor naturally to avoid potential complications. My OB said it could be 1 of 2 things, either we/I make small babies or my placenta isn't working properly and not giving her the nutrients she needs. I failed my first glucose test so he's worried about that as well, even though I've been testing my sugars and everything has been normal so far. No signs of labor yet, and my cervix is closed and hard. Shes only 5 pounds right now. Were hoping she gains a pound or so in the next 2 weeks. I was 2 weeks late and only 7 pounds, my husband was 6, and our families have small babies too. Is there any way to help naturally induce labor before that date? Do you think my OB is being overreacting? Should I turn down the induction?