Starbucks Carmel Frappuccino: Hack for Healthier?

K

...So, I’m dodging coffee during this pregnancy since I can easily eat chocolates. Honestly, I just have more peace of mind regardless of how harmless or hurtful anyone says it is.

Anyway, I went to Starbucks and asked how gross decaf is, and they said it’s not bad if I’m blending it (like a late or Frappuccino). I was weary about the sugar content, but the Frappuccino sounded amazing. I was fortunate to encounter this Barista, because she jazzed up my day with her skills.

Hack with decaf coffee:

She suggested to use a banana instead of their Frappuccino base, which is most of the sugar content. She used a little bit of the caramel syrup and a few squires of whipped cream.

Yes, this isn’t sugar free. I understand that a whole banana is still very sweet/high with glucose, but I’d like to think it’s a better alternative to the usual.

This isn’t too bad at all. It tastes like my usual skinny lates with a hint of banana. I don’t get Frappuccinos anymore even before pregnancy, because of the high sugar content. However, I may start getting it this way (with caffeine) after pregnancy.