Vasavagal syncope

Brianna

Is anyone else experiencing this during pregnancy? I was fine for most of my pregnancy with my anxiety until one morning out of the blue I began to feel super nauseous and hot, I was sweating and then my vision started getting weird and I had ringing in my ears. The only thing that seems to help is something cold on the back of my neck, lying down or a big blast of a/c hitting my face. I had went to the hospital from losing consciousness from it once and they wrote it off as a uti and anxiety which just didn’t sit well with me. Especially since my blood pressure did drop during it to 70 something. It seems to be triggered for me by stress and anxiety. Happens about the same time every morning. It’s worse if I’m out in public or in a waiting room. My sister found this article about vasavagal affecting pregnant women and every symptom is exactly how I feel. Does anyone know anything else about it? I’m going to mention it to my midwife at my next appointment. Everyone thinks it’s anxiety related panic attacks but this is nothing like what my panic attacks were like before pregnancy. I am also on a dose of lexapro since before being pregnant and had been doing great with that. 😭