Holy hard time.... 😫

Te

So my birthing process was tough. I started to having contractions in the middle of the night but thankfully had an appointment with my midwife at 10am the next morning. I held off until the appointment (contractions were 5 min apart) and went in to be checked. While she was trying to find my cervix my water broke....everywhere!!! Gross. And the worst part is that she couldn't find my cervix. It was too far back so we didn't know if I was dilated or not. She told me yo go home and labor for a few hours then go to the hospital.

Well going home was a mistake. I started to get excruciating back pain that I couldn't tolerate. After only 3 more hours of laboring my husband took me in.

An OB then tried to find my cervix to see how far along I was and couldn't get to it eithet. (Mind you. This is very painful to have someone shove their hand up there) At this point I was in tears the back labor was so bad.

After about 3 more hours of contractions I was SCREAMING!!!! I have never been in so much pain in my life. I even had continuous pain between my excrutiation contractions and I was hysterical.

So I caved and got an epidural.

BEST. DECISION. EVER 🙌

I still progressed nicely and was ready to push by 12am. Well I pushed. And pushed. And pushed. And pushed. After 2 hours of pushing my midwife informed me that I had made no progress. Baby was stuck. And the clock was ticking since my water broke so now I needed a c-section.

Well baby was stuck even during my c-section. The doctor needed a nurse to help push the baby up by going through my vagina. Thankfully they were able to get her out.

Miss Harper was born on 10-20-18.

Oh. And she was 9lbs and 2oz.