We Were Just Mothers With Broken Hearts

MJ

I miscarried at 9.5 weeks in August (my second consecutive miscarriage, no babies yet.) We were devastated and are still grieving. I had a D&C and the hospital asked us if we wanted our baby in the Share Burial, where they bury early miscarried babies in a special group ceremony, and we said yes. The committal service at the cemetery was today...it was wonderful and painful all at the same time. There were several couples there and one woman who was alone. The ceremony included a tiny casket with our babies in it, a headstone that read Holy Innocents, and beautiful readings from the hospital chaplains. It was good for us, but it was good for me as a person. So often I see other women and judge them based on appearance alone. I don’t mean to, but I do. Today we were all just mothers who lost our babies. We cried together, prayed together, and survived the difficult ceremony together. Younger, older, white, black, married, single, dressed up, in hoodies and jeans... We were moms with broken hearts. If there’s a silver lining to this loss, I’ll look at strangers with compassion only. I’ll be a better person. Thanks, Baby J❤️