Baby AJ is here!!!!

Penny

So I started off my rainbow pregnancy with this idea that this time would be different and I’d finally get my vba2c and all would be right with the world.

I have a 9 yr old and a 2.5 yr old. Both born c-sec for different reasons that don’t matter...

I was 39 weeks and began trying everything to go into labor...had my membranes stripped 3 times but nothing happened, had chiropractic care from the start but that just helped get baby in the right position...that’s when my chiropractor suggested dry needling or acupuncture. I was 39 weeks at 5 days when I had that done. 😳😳

8 inch needles shot into your hip muscles...kinda tickled...

Directly after this my husband and I and my 2.5 yr old went to dinner, big brother was at grandmas...then right after that we walked about 2 hours around hobby lobby when suddenly I had the poops.

Not just any poops..like green poops...🤮🤮🤮 no big...nothing happening...

We went to leave hobby lobby my husband getting our toddler in the car and I went to get into the car when my water went everywhere!! 😂😂😂😂😳😳😳 I was both shocked and laughing my ass off. My husband didn’t believe me at first until he could see how sopping wet I was...😂😂

I had misplaced my phone so had to back track to find it...at the restaurant lol took our toddler to grandma, then made our way to the city where I was to give birth vaginally...

Once there I sat in a triage room for about 3 hours while I had slow contractions that were bearable...then got moved to a delivery room...at 2 cm...they placed a Foley catheter, which took me to about 4 cm really quickly...and within a few hours I progressed on my own to 6 cm...

But then everything just stopped...

We tried everything including pitocin! At 31 hours into labor I got an epidural so I could sleep also hoping to silently progress while I did...

But no...I didn’t...

At 42 hours into labor I finally asked for a c-section...only giving up because we had literally tried everything, I had even been feeling the need to push and still was only 6 cm...my body just wouldn’t deliver her..😭😭

At 1:50 pm on 10:14:18 after 42 hours of labor, my little girl Alora Jade was born.

She was 8 pounds exact, and 21 inches long. With a beautiful head of dark curly hair!

My other babies had been born bald...so this was a big surprise for us!!!!

She was born with severe lip and tongue ties, if you don’t know what those are please please check it out on google or something!!! All 3 of my babies have had them and needed a correction in order to nurse.

At 4 days old she had to be readmitted to the hospital because of jaundice. It was critically high...and super scary for mommy and daddy...not to mention heart breaking...

All I could do was sit there and watch...for days...I was able to nurse...and twice I took her out of the light for about an hour each for some much needed snuggles...because I couldn’t stop crying...

One such snuggle time😭😭😭😭

When we were finally discharged at 6 days old, we got to see some favorites!

Captain America!!

Wendy and pan!

Batman

Spider-Man

Cinderella

And Minnie Mouse!!

We were so glad to be home!!!

Tomorrow we’re doing her newborn photos...so I shall update that when it’s done.