Feeling left out

Jenny • 💙 August 2019, 👼🏻June 2020, 🌈💙 April 2021 👼🏻 June 2023 👼🏻 July 2023 🌈🌈🤰🏻 due May 2024

More and more of my friends have joined the “mom club” recently. And by this I mean, they all get together with their little ones or are constantly talking about “mom stuff”. I feel like since I don’t have kids yet, I can’t participate in their conversations or be a part of their group. Or my friends will complain about their toddlers entering the terrible twos or their morning sickness and tell me “you’re so lucky you’re not a mom”. Which almost makes me cry every time. The one thing I’ve never wanted more in life is to be a mom, and it breaks my heart every cycle went AF shows up, knowing that’s another whole month of enduring more baby showers and pregnancy announcements while trying not to let the jealousy and heartache take over my life. Another whole month of not being a part of the “club”. I would give anything right now to have morning sickness or deal with a rambunctious toddler. But nope, I’ll just continue to be on the outside looking in.

Do any of you feel left out of the “mom club”?