11/01/18

🫶🏽

10/26/18 I made an appointment for induction at 39 weeks (bc insulin controlled GD) scheduled for 11/3/18

10/31/18

Woke up & had morning sex. Then started cleaning and doing laundry. Braxton Hicks that we’re consistent but would go away with change of position. Also started getting a dull ache on my lower back. Around 5pm my sister called and asked me to go with her and her 2 children trick or treating. Walking is what I needed to do so I was all with it!

The whole time I was still getting Braxton Hicks that were different from before (made me slow down & were a little more intense then I’ve ever felt) I still thought these were Braxton Hicks because I’ve always been told you will just “know” real contractions when they start.

So we were out from 6-7:30 & went on home. So I get home finish up laundry & lay down to watch Greys Anatomy.

Around 12:20AM I jump up to get something to drink & I felt a small pop & BOOM liquid starts leaking. (Funny bc me and my sister were just talking about how it’s rare for a woman’s water to break. Only about 15% of woman have it break on its own.)

At this point I’m ECSTATIC! I’m like FUCK YES! I did it and I don’t have to go through induction!!

2 minutes later a contraction came & I’m like ohhh waaaaait a fucking minute!!! Why the hell was I so happy this shit hurts like a mother fucker. I’m literally bent over in pain.

My boyfriend works nights so I go to my mom & tell her it’s time I need her to drive me to the hospital. She was asleep so she’s confused as hell and just looking at me. So I repeat myself and she starts getting dressed. My mom is HORRIBLE under pressure and literally changed her outfit like 5 times. & I’m like sweating in pain begging her to come on.

At this point I’m starting to practically CRY and my mom can’t handle that so she’s FREAKING OUT! & I’m begging her to get it together bc I can’t get myself together & HER.

So we FINALLY get in the car around 12:45 & my contractions are 3 minutes apart lasting 1 minute. & I call my doctor to ask her if I should still try to make it there or just go to the nearest hospital. She tells me I still have time so we start the 20 minute drive to the hospital I chose to deliver at.Well my mom CANT see in the dark & is going 30 mph in a 65 🤦🏽‍♀️

We make it to the hospital around 1 AM & go L&D. I’m pretty good with pain. No tears but I was in HORRIBLE pain. During a contraction I just tensed up & didn’t talk or move until it passed.

They then have me signing what felt like 100 papers & my signature was literally just a scribble bc I was in PAIN PAIN.

They then took me back to the triage room where I was to pee in a cup, change into a gown & wait to be checked. Once I pulled my pants down there was much more water & goo.. it was GROSS.

So I go to the room & my mom gets the doctor & instantly the doctor comes in to check. Their all looking at me like I’m an exaggerating FTM.. so she goes to check me & says I’m already 8 CM! & was told I don’t look like someone who’s at 8cm.

Whatever the hell that means? So they get a stretcher & take me straight to the delivery room. First thing I ask for is epidural & I’m told I need to do blood work & a bag of fluid first. 😩 I just kept thinking that I won’t make it to get the epidural, which they assured me I would. So a good 20 minutes pass & these contractions are getting stronger & stronger. It’s so much pain & nothing you can do about it so I was pulling my hair, rubbing my forehead like I was trying to clean permanent marker off of it & for some reason I kept taking my glasses on & off. None of which makes sense but that pain was CRAZY.

The anesthesiologists finally comes & is explaining the procedure for like 15 minutes it felt like & I finally receive my epidural. People were telling me the needle to get it hurt like hell but honestly not more than the contractions. In about 15 minutes the epidural kicked in & I felt barely anything from the waist down. I would feel contractions every now & then but they didn’t hurt they just felt like mega pressure. At around 2:30 AM my boyfriend, his brother, MIL&FIL, and my sister arrive. First thing they say is that I don’t look like I’m in labor. I told them they should have been here 15 minutes ago, that I have my epidural & don’t feel a thing.!EVERYTHING changed .. I was joking around, laughing, and smiling. They checked me around 4:50 AM & I was 10 CM they told me if I wanted I could push or wait for him to come down more. I told them I would wait & even told her to take her time LOL I felt nothing.

Around 5:15 I started pushing & was supposed to push with contractions but had to be told when I was having one bc AGAIN.. I didn’t feel a thing down there. Surrounded by my boyfriend, his mom, my mom & my sister. (His brother & father were in the room but behind the curtain.

I gave birth to a healthy baby boy at 5:48AM 11/01/18

5 lb 15 oz & 18.5 inches long