2 miscarriages in the same year

Natalie • Matthew & Messiah’s mommy 👶🏽💙

My first pregnancy ended at 16 weeks in March because my water broke. And he was a boy. 👼🏽 In July I found out I was pregnant again.

On November 1st, my water broke when I went to the hospital the doctors told me to terminate the pregnancy but because my son’s heart was still beating and he was moving around I opt out on terminating the pregnancy and chose to hold off. On November 3rd, I start having contractions. Before I got to the hospital, I used a fetal doppler to listen to the baby’s heartbeat and I heard it. When I got to the hospital I heard his heartbeat again and then everything happened so fast. When I laid down the contractions got worse and I felt like something was coming out of me the doctor rushed in and told me I had to push because the baby was coming and I having another miscarriage. I was 20 weeks and 5 days when I lost my son. Ryan Sanchez, 0.325 grams, 9 1/2 inches long 👼🏽

When I went to my gynecologist for my follow up appointment I was told that I have an incompetent cervix and that in future if I get pregnant again I have to get a cerclage to help keep my cervix closed. I’m deeply devastated that I my first and second pregnancy ended so early and the fact that I had two miscarriages this year. I know the pain will go away as time passes by but it’s just so hard especially when it happened twice in one year. Ugh, my two boys 😢