Was only 1hr 😨

El

So this was my third pregnancy I’d always been fortunate with relatively fast labour’s our first was 5 1/2 hours and out second was 2 1/2 hours so we where expecting it to be about the same, well at 38+1 weeks after weeks of preterm scares and start stop labour’s I was convinced I was never going to meet my first son, Then at 11.55pm I was laying in bed after another day of on off contractions and out of nowhere I hear a pop in my lower abdomen. I woke up my husband yelling SOMETHING JUST POPPED! (My first water was broke by the doctors and second broke just seconds before crowning so it was a completely new experience for us lol) Fortunately I was able to make it to the toilet before the show started lol so we popped on a pad woke up our daughters and off to the hospital unfortunately our sitter for the girls was out of town so as much as we didn’t want it to happen our 4&5 year old girls saw their brother enter the world and they where absolutely amazing the whole time as my husband answered all of their questions as best (and age appropriate) as he could and they where so good about the whole thing as was our hospital which I truly appreciate how awesome they where about the whole situation! So basically we where walking around the room contractions cane hard and fast I said to my husband and midwife this is the one the finally convinced me to lay down as I prefer to walk through labour’s sitting still is torture to me lol I got on my hands and knees and with that one contraction his head was out three pushes later I was holding my son the hospital was amazing as where we as to how fast the whole thing happened.