Insatiable eater?

Ma

Is anyone else’s toddler eating you out of the home yet? My son officially eats more than me now. For breakfast he eats 2 eggs (I eat just one), plus fruit and plain yogurt after an 8oz bottle of whole milk. For lunch he eats a full handful of berries or fruit, plus a plateful of something warm (pasta, etc), some veggies or avocado, and usually a small handful of cut-up nuts (cashews or almonds). For dinner he eats the same amount of food as me usually, but sometimes he eats more meat than I do.

He seems to be growing right now because he just moved up a size in diapers and clothes, so do you think this is just a growth spurt? He consistently measures in the 50th percentile for weight, but in the last month he has developed a big belly that pops out! I’m not worried about him being overweight right now, but I’m a little concerned about him developing bad eating habits because he shovels food into his mouth without thinking, unless it’s something he really doesn’t like (like super spicy food, Brussels sprouts, etc). Am I being overly concerned about this? I’ve never been a big eater, so this is very strange for me. He’s also my first baby so I don’t know what to expect. My next pediatric appointment is in 2 months.