WEDDING DRAMA

Hi girls,

I don’t know if I’m overreacting but I’m feeling down because of all the drama surrounding my wedding. So back in June I moved to another country with at the time boyfriend. We met in England 2 years ago, he had a 2 years visa which ran out and we had to figure out a way to stay together. I didn’t want to get married so soon and only for this reason. But I couldn’t see myself in a long distance relationship because England/ Australia would have been pretty complicated. I decided to move to Australia to be with him. And took the 1 year visa. It was then that he proposed in June. We’re now organising our wedding for February next year. My family knew from the start that we planned to do it before the end of my visa so we could come back to Europe.

Everyone was really happy, I’m very close to my mum and sisters.

But since I started planning the wedding things starting going wring. My half sister got pregnant and said she’d deliver in March. The month I was to have my wedding. She wants my mum to be there (she’s my dad’s daughter)

So even if it’s gonna be harder to organise the wedding I move it forward to February to make sure my mum would be able to get here early and help out. She now this month, realised that she’s actually delivering in mid-April.

It annoyed me but fine doesn’t matter.

Then I asked my family to book their tickets in advanced because it’s pretty far and prices will go up knowing that they don’t have a lot of money. They keep on saying yes but don’t do it. Alright, doesn’t matter.

They finally book their tickets and will get here 2 days before my wedding. So now is tome you ask, but I thought they were to help you?

I thought that too! But nope my sisters are going to a gig 4 days before so they didn’t want to cancel only to come early and help out with my wedding. When I say help out it’s not like planning or anything but supporting me at the very minimum.

I always wanted my mum to be here and help me find a wedding dress. She knew that, it’s the only thing I’ve ever asked for. But nope she’s not because she’ll come 2 days before the wedding. And why is that? Because she needs to drive my 25 year old sister to the train station in the morning to get to work.

We were on the phone mum, sisters and I over the weekend. My mum asks me about the wedding so I let her know where I’m at. And then we all chat about a bunch of different topics. At the end of the video call - 2h talking about various topic I tell my mum that the celebrant is asking if they want to make a speech during the ceremony. We chat for about 5 min and one sister then starts complaining about her job. As she does 24/7. So we listen all that and about to say bye because it’s already 10:30pm here and the fiancé wakes up at 5am so he needs his sleep. The same sister goes off at me for stopping her and almost saying bye because we’ve been talking about the wedding for 3 months and she wants to talk about her things. I didn’t say anything because we do not only talk about it. And if we do talk about it, might be because I’ve got no job. I’m only studying and doing this all day long. No one ever asks about me studying but they ask about the wedding. How is that my fault?

At this point, I’m boiling but I keep it to myself. Today, I sent them the hotels so they can pock the ones they like because again February is busy season here so we need to book as early as possible. Only mum replies, the sister send a text on the group chat that has nothing to do with the conversation. Ok next morning I say, well if they don’t all agree I can’t book. So they’ll have to do it. And there, one sister replies ‘I’ve got no time or money for that, we’ll see later’

So now, I’m at this point where I’m more than tired and disappointed by their behaviours. I’ve got no friends here, the ones from oversea are almost never texting because they only know you if you’re living close by. I’m organising a whole wedding on my own well with the fiancé when he’s home. I’m not even having a big wedding. Only 15 people and a small reception.

I don’t know if I’m overreacting or if I’ve got a right to be annoyed. I feel like they don’t care much for my life and in the end they’re more coning as actual guests than family.

I’m not even gonna be talking bout my fiancé’s family because they’re useless. His mum is the only one trying to help but can’t replace the bond that I have with mine.

So I’m gonna buy a wedding dress on my own, organise everything, and then even book them a hotel. And they can come in February for 2 weeks and enjoy their holiday.

Sorry this post is really long but I needed to vent.