He called off our wedding 3 months before the date and said he doesn’t love me anymore 😢

Sarah

My partner and have known each other for over 12 years. Been in a relationship for 5 and engaged for 4 yrs. in the beginning, it was great! and I could wait to marry him! I thanked God everyday for Blessing me with him. We are both Christians and went for counselling with our church leaders before we got engaged. However, since then, things have gotten significantly worse.

We have grown apart, barely have sex (once a month if that), no communication etc. I was planning our wedding, on my own for a year now, and always felt that something wasn’t quite right and that he may not want this anymore. I’ve asked him repeatedly, we had discussions but he reassured me that this was what he wanted.

I was pushing through things and was hoping that 2019 would be our year in terms of buying a house, getting married and starting a family. I finally got into the swing of things and was really excited for our big day and what the future holds.

About 6 hrs ago, he told me that he doesn’t feel the same way anymore and called off the wedding, but that we should go for counselling 😳. Hurt, confusion is an instatement, I wasn’t expecting this. I made sure not to cry in front of him, listened to his reasons and nodded my head and agreed that we should not get married, buy a house or start a family if he has any doubts.

Obviously there’s a lot more to the story but what do I do now?!?! We live together I do everything for him and my world had literally crumbled down. I’m so confused and don’t know what to do. I don’t know if counselling will really help either. When we have our crisis talks, we agree on what to do to move forward but he never holds up his end of the bargain so then I give up.

But never did I think that he would call of the wedding and basically tell me that he doesn’t love me anymore. Things have gotten worse, how will counselling help? I do love him and care for him deeply and only want to see him happy. What do I do? I’ve lost my best friend. 😢