I told you so...

Lacey

I just need to vent because I don’t want to rub it in her face, but my cousin watched my boys (7weeks) last night. She came from out of town to give my husband and I a 3 night break. I slept gloriously! BUT I just have to say I TOLD YOU SO! her sister has twins but she was never a part of helping with their infant stage. She’s older and has 3 grown sons (none are twins). She got here yesterday and it felt like she kept trying to say I needed to change the way I do things to make them sleep better with the way she said things. The protective mom in me was screaming in my head thinking “I didn’t need you to change the way I do things with my boys, just let me sleep is all I need!” With that being said I just took over this morning and she went to bed. Her report was “OMG it’s one thing when one is going but 2 is a lot!” And “this one was such a shit last night” and all I could think was I told you so. Over the last few nights one of my boys started teething!!! So he’s been cranky at night. His brother wants the same attention he’s getting so he’s been awake more at night for it. She was convinced all she had to do was swoop in and do everything the way she did with her boys 30 years ago and reality hit her in the face last night lol. I’m so grateful for her help and happy she was able to. BUT it feels good to know I’m not freaking insane or doing it wrong. I’m just tired. She ended up doing everything my husband and I do as opposed to how she did things. Lol ok rant over!