Need some advice

Holly

So my baby is 6 weeks old today. I struggled with breastfeeding from day 1 he was in the NICU and was given a bottle.. made it supposed difficult for him to latch. I've only breastfeed a handful of times because it's super painful. I've been pumping mostly and supplementing with formula which is working fine but I'm finding the demand to pump frustrating, especially if I'm not home.

Baby has gotten a little better at latching since he's grown but it's still super painful. I've seen a lactation consultant and they were not very helpful at all.

I hate having sore nipples, I feel like I can't function properly. My husband really wants me to breastfeed and so do I, that was the plan all along for healthy antibody benefits for the baby but idk how much longer I can do it for. I'm frustrated by the fact that I can't naturally feed my baby the way I want to bc of something so simple as a painful latch but can't fix it.. I'm torn. I'm debating formula feeding only. Which I know is fine, but it's expensive and I don't want to let anyone down. Especially my husband .. I know I have about 6 more weeks before my milk supply stabilizes... Idk what to do. I feel like if I quit now I'm missing out on so much bonding. I'm in tears over this. Help.