Why do you stay with your shitty employer?!

na

So this conversation sparked from my original poll about going to work sick.

A lot of the responses that lead to the answer being “not selfish” we because people put blame toward the employer. Either because they require expensive doctors notes, PTO is unavailable, or PTO is limited.

I have been in these situations before and I guess forgot what it is like to have a bad employer, for this I apologize.

My employer offers unlimited PTO AS LONG AS we are performing up to standards. He is understanding and believes that you give what you get. Sometimes, we have to work a little harder for him, likewise, he at times needs to be flexible for us. It works wonderfully and we all feel happy and perform greatly.

He is the best boss I’ve had but not the only good boss I’ve had.

QUESTIONS:

What makes you stay with a bad employer and how long do you plan to stay?

Secondly, if you know a business treats employees poorly, do you still support them?

I got fed up with bad employers and explored my options well. There are resources such as glass door and Better Business records to help you make a good decision on your employer, if you choose to look.

After having bad employers, I will not support a bad employer. If you don’t treat your employers well then you don’t deserve my business.