A Day in the Life

Melissa • 👶🏻 🎀 Baby Girl // Due 3/2/21 👶🏻 💙 Baby Boy // Born 10/4/18

I’m trying to get an idea of my experience as a new mom is normal... wondering what your days look like as a mom of a new baby. Please share how old your LO is and a rough idea of how an average day for you goes. Like how much time do you spend feeding? Diapering? How many naps does your LO take? How long are naps? Do you have time for play?!

I’ll be honest- since I’m breastfeeding and formula feeding since my supply is so depressingly low, I spend over an hour feeding each time. Between that and diapering, his wake time is shot. And sometimes he naps and sometimes he just WONT settle and i need to hold him. Today I was able to put him down for two ridiculously short naps. Each was about 45 min long- one of which i held him the whole time and the other i held him for half. Getting to dedicated tummy/play time is near impossible. He’s so cranky when he doesn’t nap but I can’t get him to nap!

Not looking for advice on getting him to settle- I have another post about that- just curious about your experiences and if this is normal.