Racist snowmen incident.

Endillion • 32. Mother x2. RN. Pagan.

So I live next to my son's school and we're in the South. As you can imagen our "snow days" are glorified ice and mud usually.

Apparently a child was suspended this last week because our snow melted before they got around to recess. A few of the kids were determined to make a snowman come hell or high water I guess because they made one out of mud. By what I heard someone saw a bunch of white kids making a "black racist snowman" and called the school. Our school isn't known for it's quick thinking skills anyway but they expelled one of these boys and put the other kids in detention.

They're all around 7 years old. My son wasn't involved but he mentioned they got mad and started kicking the snowman over after many attempts to make the mud look like a snowman, which it wouldn't do.

The school said they wouldn't tolerate that behavior and no staff apparently saw what happened. They wanted to make an example out of this kid who is now missing classes.

Was this extreme to you or does it seem necessary to make a point for other students?

Vote below to see results!