The Ranch Netflix originals constant making light of drinking and driving

Piper

My husband and I have been watching The Ranch on Netflix, I’m appalled at how casually they throw in drinking and driving throughout all three seasons. It’s ridiculous and adds nothing to the show. They make it seem like a normal country way of life, that to me is horrifying. I know better and you know better, but there will be people who watch this show who can be easily influenced. If they see it being played off as not a big deal they may be more likely to do it too. Honestly I feel like this show could potentially be the cause of someone losing their life. I get that that’s a stretch but really it could be. Maybe I’m to close to the issue and I’m over reacting, so I thought I would bring it here to see other people’s opinions on it. If you watch the show what’s your thoughts on this? I’m only a few episodes into the third season and they already had a scene where Colt (Ashton Kutcher) gets a beer but gives a bartender a to go cup. And she’s like “good idea since you’re driving” then in the next episode or so they’re honouring somebody and they’re like “ what better way to honour so and so then by getting drunk and driving home” i’m sorry but I just don’t find this okay.

Vote below to see results!