LEAVE THE GUY WHO BREAKS YOUR HEART

Mikahla

Ladies....

I have a little story...

*LONG POST* sorry.. šŸ˜‚

When I was in high school, I met this guy. We talked and talked for over a year and he had been asking me on dates but I was too stubborn to say yes. He wasnā€™t ā€œmy typeā€. But he was so cute. He made me laugh. Made me smile. We got together. For nearly 2 years. His name was Mathew. We got an apartment together, started building a life.

Slowly, I started to notice how much he was on his phone. How less and less he would pay attention to me. Heā€™d get snappy and yell. Heā€™d come home super late from work. Heā€™d shower and go to bed, or beg for sex and make me feel horrible if I said no. Wouldnā€™t let me hangout with him and his friends. He let his family talk shit about me and turned around and told me how much they hated me... I questioned him and tried to figure out the problem. I found messages. Pictures. I forgave. It happened again. And again. And again. 6 girls later.. We have iPhones. He changed his settings so when he got a message, it just said ā€œmessageā€ rather than the previews. He changed his passwords. A few other things too. One day on our way home, stopping for a Redbox movie, he left his phone in the car. I had gained a little trust back because he was improving for a while.. But it went off. ā€œCarmenā€ popped up. She said how much she missed him and wanted to hug him and kiss him and feel him against her. I kept reading. Him saying he wanted to fix things with me, but he wanted her and only time would tell- BROKE me. I thought I was having a heart attack. That sounds dramatic, but itā€™s the truth. I felt my whole body light on fire, and I swear I screamed so loud the people inside the store could hear me. I grabbed his phone (which I paid for) and started walking home. I cried and cried. Walked over a mile.

I got home.. I grabbed a bag, put some essentials on it, and when he finally came thru the front door I handed it to him, said ā€œgive me your key, and please leave.ā€ He didnā€™t flinch. Didnā€™t question anything. Took it and left. After he left I ripped all the pictures of us off the wall, I screamed, I had so much anger and hurt.. I told myself it was my fault..

Fast forward a couple months, he messages me and says heā€™s been thinking and he misses me so much and wants to take me out so we can talk. I gave in.

We didnā€™t get back together, but he had me thinking we were. And ladies, I loved this man.. so much.

6 months pass and I finally told him no. He had gotten more abusive and I finally wiped my tears, stood up, and protected myself. I deleted him, blocked him, focused on me and found myself.

Never settle for less, ladies. Ever. He was a snake.

Fast forward a few months. I was thriving and loving myself. I started school. (He had told me it wasnā€™t worth it and I would just work full time. He worked at popeyes and said I should just work with him. Iā€™m going to school to be an elementary teacher).

I met this guy.

His name is Austin. I was so scared. We went on dates, I made him wait. He was so patient. So caring. I finally made the decision to be with this man who makes me feel like Iā€™m safe, and secure, and like Iā€™m one of a kind. Iā€™ve never been treated this way so I was terrified. I thought it would end.

My point is, ladies.. leave. Itā€™s hard. It took me months to finally let go. Leave if they hurt you, or make you question yourself. YOU ARE STRONG. You deserve the world.

I know this is a super long post but I felt the need to share my story. So many people these days cheat and manipulate. I hope anyone going thru a situation like this has the courage to stand up for themselves and leave. It hurts like hell. But I found the man of my dreams, who Iā€™m engaged to now. The pain was worth it.. pain is temporary..

Here are a couple pictures of us šŸ’•

Hereā€™s my ring šŸ„°