When to tell the boo about not wanting kids...

Madeline

I’m very very sure that I don’t want children. I enjoy spending time with kids - I’m in the big brother big sister program and and I even worked as a nanny for a year - but I’ve felt for a long time that kids weren’t something I wanted to include in my life plan.

I’ve been dating a guy for a few months and I’m starting to wonder how and when I should bring this up to him. I don’t want to make a big deal out of it as if I’m taking the relationship too quickly, but I feel like it’s better if he knows sooner rather than later. Then if it’s a deal breaker for him, he would know after only a few months rather than us potentially dating for years before we talk about it.

I know that if I had kids I would love them and do my best to give them a great life.... but I feel pretty strongly that I wouldn’t actually enjoy the mothering. It’s just not how I envision my life and I feel very confident about my decision.

My other ladies who don’t want kids, how have you brought this up with significant others? When? And did it go well or not?