My boyfriend wants me to lose weight

Rachel

My boyfriend and I almost broke up last night..😭 There were a lot of small things that had apparently been bothering him about me, and a lot of it I have owned up to and agreed that I can do better, but one thing that is bothering me is that one of the reasons is that I’ve gained weight. The thing is that, he has always told me that he loves me no matter what and he loves the way that I look. But after him telling me that part of why he wanted to break up is because I keep saying I’m gonna lose weight and I haven’t, I just feel betrayed and hurt. What do you guys think I should do? I want to lose weight anyway, but for myself, so that I can love the way I look and feel better. If he says that he loves me, shouldn’t he love me the way I am? He has gained weight since we started dating and I still LOVE the way he looks. I would never tell him that I’m unhappy with the way he looks. Also I’m attaching a picture of us just to show what I look like and if you guys think I need to lose weight or if I’m too ugly to be dating him. I think he’s too handsome for me and that we’re mismatched...