Opinions on Being "Submissive" in a Relationship

Treasure • Mother to Greyson 💙Aug 2 17 and Gabriel 10 26 19 💙

Long Post. I have been with my SO for almost 6 years and we have a 16 month old son. My SO called tonight and while we were talking he began saying something about how if there was ever a time when he felt that me and our 16 month old son were ever in danger or something he would want us to come stay with him and his parents but he said it like he wouldn't want me to argue or like I wouldn't really have a choice in it. I told him that I didn't want to talk about this because he was making me feel really anxious and because I wouldn't agree that me and our son would leave home- we live with my grandparents and SO lives with his parents- he got angry and said that I needed to apologize and when I stopped trying to be the one with the dick in the relationship and be more submissive, then call him back but until then he didn't want to hear from me.

We are both Christian and have started going to church more often and studying the Bible more. He has been taught that the man is the head in the relationship and the woman is like the neck she helps guide him, and I've seen where it states in the Bible that wives are to be submissive to their husbands- we are Not married, though we plan to be one day. Just together 6 years.

I feel confused about why he is saying this and I don't understand the idea of being submissive or why I should be to him in this situation. I don't know why he's being like this or why he would speak to me this way.