Single Teen Mom Support

Savannah • 💙Boy Mom x2💙🌈 First Girl Due Feb. '22🌈

Hello, everybody!

My name is Savannah, I'm 17, and I'm 18 weeks pregnant with my little boy Zechariah James. He's my whole world, and currently has me obsessing over peanut butter and strawberry jelly. Me and his father were very toxic, and he drank illegally as most teens do, except he did it way too often.

When I was about 5 weeks pregnant, he and I went to a bar. I was under the impression we were just going to play pool, but since he knew the bartender, he decided to drink as he always did. His ex girlfriend, who he had an incredibly close friendship with and who had little respect for me, called and told him that her boyfriend left. That night, he picked a fight with me when we got home. I don't remember why, but he started bringing up his ex. He made it clear that he had stronger feelings for her over me, and he told me to leave and told me he was done.

Since he and I split, he has not once tried to be involved. I don't communicate with him, but I left his number unblocked in case he ever decided to try. Since he and I split, I have gotten 6 childcare certifications through DCF. I graduated last year, a year early, and this year I'm going to do community college. I work at a daycare, and I plan on being the best mother I can be.

I know I'm telling my life story here, but sometimes it just weighs heavily on me. People treat me like a POS cause I'm 17 and pregnant, which I'll be 18 next month anyway. They act as though because I'm young, I'm incapable of being a mother. My family is incredibly supportive, but it feels like everyone else gives me weird looks. I'm working hard to do this by myself with as little outside support as possible, and it sucks to still be treated as though it's not enough.

I'm sure someone out there can relate in some way. I just want to feel like I'm not alone.