Had to leave my job

Kellie

I had to leave my job because I am 13wks pregnant and I work around a lot of chemicals and aerosols that make the small building I work in fill with fumes. I worried so much about if my baby is okay since I was still working up til week 11. I talked to my doctor about it already and she's looking into my situation to figure out if I have any risks.

I did an NT scan by her recommendation and everything looked okay. Baby's measuring 2 days ahead. Just waiting on blood work now.

It's been really hard since the week after Christmas trying to find another job. I've exhausted all of Indeed and gone to some interviews. I told one interviewer I was 3 months along and I didn't end up getting the job. I have mixed feelings about saying something because they have to know that they'll need to cover for me in 6 months but I don't want that to be a determining factor. The gal I told said that I was a close 2nd and she'll keep me in mind for later. One place I didn't tell, and I'd feel bad if I get an offer and drop that bomb on them. I don't know if they'll trust me then. I think, "a girls gotta do what she's gotta do though."

😞 It's hard on my husband because he feels like he needs to work longer to get hours but also needs to be here for me. I think we can get by on his salary. Just wish this wasn't an issue. I want to be excited that I'm expecting, not seeing it as a hindrance. Also wanted to save up for when the baby is here. I want to go out and buy clothes and save up for a nice crib but we might be scraping by til I find something.