Diagnosed w/ PCOS today...

EH

So my husband and I started trying to conceive Aug. 2018 which is about 4 months ago..but for the past year I have been having irregular periods (my last period was Nov. 1) and last week I went to a gynecologist for the first time to find out what's going on. They took a blood test and then set a follow-up appointment for today along with a transvaginal ultrasound today. I seriously thought everything was going to come out ok until the dr told me that I have pcos :( She recommended that I start birth control and stay on it for at least 3 months just to regulate my period and then after the 3 months she said I can go off of them and start tracking when I ovulate. The thing is.. I don't feel comfortable going on birth control just to regulate my period because it will mess with my body and I am almost certain that it will take a long while for me to get pregnant since the birth control pill effects would still be in my body. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do? Dr said that I could also go for a 2nd opinion to an infertility clinic. Anyone that is in the same boat as me, what did u do?