Let’s talk about blood.

Katie

First timer here! So I’m 5 weeks 2 days. I work as a fitness instructor, and I only say that because this happened at work! I taught a high intensity, sculpt class and as I finished off class I noticed some blood on my legs!! So scary. As soon as the clients left I went to the bathroom and sure enough, I was bleeding. More than spotting. It was similar to a light period, but no clots or strings.. just liquid blood. I wasn’t sure what to do so I called my Mom (my husband is out of the country). Mom told me to go to the ER! I was really scared. I went straight there and checked in, they got me back very quickly and did an ultrasound. That was really cool, especially since I hadn’t planned on going to the doc at all until 8 weeks. Well, she looked and told me everything looked healthy and normal! Thank God! And explained to me that bleeding can be normal especially in the first trimester. She told me with her second pregnancy that she was saturating a panty liner ever four hours with red blood and she went on to have a normal pregnancy. Today, and the next day after my incident I have had very minimal, light, brown spotting. I am staying positive and I feel really good, but of course trying to stay mentally prepared for whatever happens. Anyway, I just wanted to share my story and give hope to any other gals who might have some blood. Just trust your body! And know you are strong, you are fit, and your body is built to carry this baby.