Guilt

Hannah

So, I broke up with my ex last Wednesday 1/23/19, and ever since then, I’ve felt nothing but guilt, I keep telling myself “you did what’s right, what’s best for him so he can succeed” but I keep coming back to “I miss him, his voice, his laugh, his hugs in the morning and even stealing his warmth” and he won’t talk to me at all and I’m trying to give him space and understand what I did hurt him. A lot of the reason we broke up was because I would constantly help him with school work or ask if he needed help with it and he’d never do it, I’d also always be the one trying to make plans except on New Years or on a rare weekend. Along with that I saw nudes on his phone from another girl that he forgot were there and it made it hard to trust him. By what I felt was the end of our relationship I was frustrated because I had told him how doing his work showed that he cared for our future and then he fell asleep in the classes I had with him. I feel like I could have done more as a girlfriend to try and help him and I feel I’ve not only failed him but myself as well. What should I do? I made feel like I made a big mistake and even if we can’t get back together I want us to be able to talk