Raised ALT

Jessica

I’ve tried good old google but so far nothing...basically on the 26th I phoned the midwife at 3:30am because I had uncontrollable itching on my hands and feet to the point it was actually waking me up I was that itchy. I was told to take antihistamines and call my midwife on Monday morning, by the time 1pm came there was no way I could go all the way till Monday with this itching so I called again and they told me to come straight down and they would test my bloods.

Went through and they literally took my bloods and told me to go home and they would ring me the next day with results no checking my BP nothing.

5pm the next day came and still nothing so I called them and they said that my blood came back normal so I left it at that.

I’ve just had a phone call from the midwife asking me if I had a follow up from my bloods and when I told her I didn’t she told me that she needed to see me to get more work done because my ALT levels were showing high, she thought I was 36 weeks so booked me in for Friday evening and when I told her I was Infact 37+2 she said that I would need to be seen first thing in the morning.

She’s freaked me out slightly and I didn’t even think of asking what the concerns were as I was too busy trying to remember my appointment time while looking for a pen to write it down 🙄

Has anyone had this before? What even is it? Should I be worried?

Sorry for the long post!