Is this my period??

Katie

Hi ladies! So yes, I know what a period is, BUT I just got my IUD earlier this month and I feel clueless! I’ve been spotting ever since insertion which I know is normal. However, after insertion, my spotting was dark brown/Black. But on Friday evening I felt like this rush of something and went to the bathroom (honestly scared to death it was my IUD itself) and it looked like a crime scene.

Thank god I was wearing a pad, as I had ran out of liners. But after that, it lightened back up to normal. Then on Saturday I noticed a small amount of actual red bleeding, but it was mostly that dark brown/Black colored spotting. Then on Sunday I was cramping SO BAD. I hadn’t cramped so much since insertion. I was uncomfortable and in a car for 3hrs. But there was only the dark brown/Black spotting. And it wasn’t much.

Well yesterday I began to cramp during one of my college classes and went to the bathroom to again find just a small amount of red blood mixed with that dark spotting. I felt fine after I went to pee. No more spotting. But later on I got a HUGE migraine between classes! It lasted from 3:00 yesterday to 4:00 today even though I had taken medicine. It kept switching sides all night and I didn’t get any sleep.

Well, just a few minutes ago I was talking to my dad downstairs and I just felt that RUSH again. And honestly it almost felt like I was peeing myself and couldn’t stop. I RAN up those stairs as fast as I could to the bathroom and it looks like a crime scene. There is no saving my panties OR my pants. That little liner didn’t help at all. And it’s ALL bright red. Plus, I’m cramping some.

But I just don’t know if it’s my period or something to worry about? There’s no blood when I pee, just on the liner/pad and on toilet paper. I’ve had a few clots but I don’t know.

My gynecologist told me to stay on my BC pills until I got to my sugar pills so that it might help with cramping and predicting my period, but I’m still 2 weeks from my sugar pills. I don’t know if I should be worried or not 😖 This isn’t spotting anymore, it’s heavier and I don’t know if that’s normal or not. I’ve had my IUD for a month.

Advice would be very appreciated!!!

Also, I haven’t done anything today like work out or anything because my college was closed due to snow and the cold temps outside. So I know I haven’t overdone it to cause extra bleeding