I saw him (long ish)

So my mom used to be married to this guy. I had to live with them, it was awful. He was abusive and on drugs, their relationship was awful, I was treated poorly etc. I’ve seen things that I can’t unsee, and I’ve never told anyone what they were. It wasn’t as bad as a lot of people have it, and my life now is great (live with my dad, my mom got away and she is my best friend). Obviously when I was young I had my family (even tho they were far) and I was never physically abused or anything, but the emotional portion of it was the worst. Anyway, my mom divorced him, but she’s been hanging around him for a little bit because she had to work on a house that they owned. I didn’t really think anything of it, until today. We were at a store, and he was there. I saw him, and asked my mom if that was him (I haven’t seen him in years) and she just went “oh yeah” like it was nothing. He lives AN HOUR away from where we were. Guys. I can’t explain it this enough. I have had nightmares about seeing him again randomly in public. It makes me so scared. I’ve never seen anyone about it. When my mom left him she went to tons of therapy and all that, but no one ever thought to ask me if I needed to go. We left, and got in the car and she was texting him. I think it was a set up to see how I’d react to it so she knew. She’s been dropping hints about seeing him again for months. I love my mom, but it hurts me that she’d do that. I know she didn’t mean to, because I’ve never expressed how much it terrified me, but my worst nightmare just happened. I never wanted to see his face again. I never wanted to be in the same vicinity. It brought back so many things inside of me and I’m hurt and I’m sad and I don’t know where to put it all. I’m sorry for ranting.