Missed Miscarriage, Actually Happening?

Courtney

First, anyone who reads this and suffered in the same way, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. This has absolutely been the most terrible thing I've ever been through, and I'm sorry you also had to go through this.

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it.

I went for my first ultrasound at 8w5d. Maybe measured exactly 8w5d, but no heartbeat (they didnt give any other details). My doctor pushed for d&c but I later decided to get another opinion and that I preferred waiting for a natural miscarriage. I saw another doctor and got another ultrasound at what would have been 10w6d. At this one, baby measured 8w0d and my uterus measured 9w6d (also found out I have an inverted uterus at this one). My husband and I had sex for the first time in forever at 11w3d, and after I thought I had started losing my mucus plug (had a lot of weird pinkish/brownish/clearish discharge). Since that day, basically nothing. I've noticed some cramping and back pain but I've had that basically the whole pregnancy. I was curious today (11w5d) and checked to see if my cervix was soft and opened or still closed and hard, and it was definitely soft and open and maybe dilated like half a cm.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm still having no real signs of it happening. I thought it was going to but now not so sure. Did your doctors say you would be soon if your cervix had started changing?

As much as I want to do this naturally, I'd also like some shred of confidence that these signs mean it will happen soon. My family is dealing with a lot this month (also found out our dog has cancer) and part of me is just starting to want it over with. If itll probably happen soon I'll wait, but if not I may wind up going the medication route to avoid infection.