I had a herpes outbreak and I didn’t even know

A week ago I started getting sick and on Thursday it felt like I had a small rash downstairs. At first I thought it was something normal and that it’ll go away. On Friday, after the work day, I felt so weak that I took a nap. I woke up with a burning sensation that when I went to pee, it was burning! I immediately thought l, “ Are you kidding me?! The chances of catching a bad fever and a UTI at the same time.” Except that this pain down there was affecting the way I do everything. I checked down there and it seemed swollen and a few bumps. I thought I just caught a normal STD. I went to the clinic on Monday morning and told them my symptoms. They told me I most likely have chlamydia. The pain just got progressively worse that same day that I had to go to the ER. They performed pelvic exams and let me tell you. I would never want to go through something like that ever again. I wouldn’t want anyone to experience that either. I was screaming and shouting in tears and holding on to the side bar of the bed. I was shaking and crying. My face was numb. The doctor left the room and the nurse stayed behind and broke the news to me. They had said that it had gotten so bad down there that there were multiple open lesions and ulcers and to add to that there were swollen nodes down there. I couldn’t sit myself up or even stand up on my own. The doctor prescribed me 4 different antibiotics and some tylonel and ibuprofen... I’ve taken them and they only give me no pain for a good one or two hours before it starts coming back. Personally I found out that hot showers kind of help numb the pain down there. Times like these, I am glad I am in the military because I was able to have a few days of bed rest from work along with people taking care of me. The only people right now that know I have this condition is my Staff Sergeant and my partner. Although, my partner said he got tested in December and nothing popped up for him. Does that mean I’ve had it before? I’ve had multiple partners before but this never happened. My female peers has given me so much support but they just think it’s just a kidney stone passing. Now my concerns are just making all this pain go away. Also wondering if the symptoms do go away, chances are it might pop up when I’m in the field... this story is long but I just wanted to get this off my chest...