Husband doesn’t want a baby

Rose • Navy Wife💙 11/02/2018

Hey guys,

I recently lost my baby two months ago. At first my husband told me we could try again as soon as possible, but now he is against having a baby at all costs until he is ready. How can I deal with this better? I feel miserable because obviously after losing my baby I want one now more than anything. I feel crushed. I want to find a compromise but there doesn’t seem to be anything to compromise for this situation. I just want a baby more than anything. What can we do to deal with this in a better way? We’ve been arguing about it pretty often because it’s really important to me. He doesn’t even like to talk about it. I just really need advice. I love him and would never leave him despite these differences, but it’s just getting really hard for me to handle.

Edit:

I just want to let you all know we don’t live together yet. He lives in a different state because he’s in the military and he wasn’t here when I lost the baby. It’s why I feel like I’m having a harder time with this than him. Because he doesn’t know what I went through in any way, he only knows what I’ve told him. I just want to be able to compromise with him at the least to help ease the arguing. I don’t want to feel like this towards him because I love him, but it’s so hard to have him tell me he’s not ready because he wants to travel and because he thinks he’ll miss out on his job and some things with the baby. It’s hard to have him tell me that’s the only reason because I feel like I’m being held back my pointless reasons. I know they aren’t pointless in reality but it’s how I feel that I feel there could be a better reason for not being ready for a baby. I’m not disrespecting his reason or forcing anything on him, I just want to understand more.