How to move on from someone who hurt you?

A year and a half ago I connected with an old crush. He was amazing at first. He was the first person I ever really wanted to be with romantically. He took my virginity and he was my first love. I wasn’t his first he was a notorious “fuckboy” but I was his first relationship. I didn’t realize it for a while but after the first couple of months he became very possessive and controlling over everything I did. A year later my self esteem was destroyed and I was addicted to his love. I finally realized how emotionally abusive he was with me and I ended our relationship. It’s only been 6 months since I walked away from us but it’s been so incredibly difficult. Despite being a selfish partner, I cannot stop loving him. I don’t really want to begin to explain all of the bad things he put me through.. but I do just want to say that there were many moments where I found myself completely alone and broken. No matter how much I understand that our relationship wasn’t normal or good for me, I continue to want to be there for him. How do I move on. I’ve tried dating other people but I can’t connect with them. I just end up thinking about my ex whenever I’m with another Man.

I really need help moving on from him.