Need opinions on this

McKenzie • 💍 05/2011 👧🏼07/2011 👶🏼🎀 04/2019 🤰#3 due 03/2021

Ok so a little backstory... my mother in law and I have always had a strained relationship because I was only 19 when we got pregnant the first time and my husband had not finished college he was 24 going on 25 at the time. Anyway she didn’t approve and then we got married when I was 8 months pregnant and she never was very communicative. By the time the birth of my daughter came along she decided to ask if she could join us in the room as I was pushing. My husband didn’t even ask me he just told her no and she left without seeing her first born grandchild. We ended up seeing her about two months later and have steadily worked through all of our relationship “quirks”. Anyway, that was almost 8 years ago and with this pregnancy we have been really open about it and she has been receptive but still not as interested as other family members. I want to ask her if she wants to be in the room when our second daughter is born, well in advance. My husband thinks I need to do something special like write a card or get a gift to ask if she wants to be in the room. (I was just going to text her and give her some space) I honestly don’t know what kind of thing I could do to make her feel included. My husband will be there and my mom and I know that my MIL if she decides to come will be weird with my mom. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for me? I know it’s kind of a long topic...