Not as happy as i thought I’d be... 😓

Lillian

I’ve dated my boyfriend for over two years and we’ve been official since December. The way we met was pretty unconventional, we hooked up in the bathroom at a party and honestly just kept in contact and it kind of turned into a friends with benefits type of thing.

Fast forward a year and a half – – – things have kind of gotten a bit more serious and he expressed that he wanted to try things out with me, knowing that I’ve liked him deeply for a while. My friends think that I have been strung along for way too long and I shouldn’t be with him but he’s a good person and has a good heart. now that we are together, I’m starting to see little things here and there that bother me which is normal in every relationship but I’m starting to think long term now that I am in my late 20s. I don’t want to feel stuck or feel like I’m wasting my time by making the wrong decision... I feel horrible for thinking and feeling this way but this is my life and I’m tired of settling and I want the best for me and I don’t want to put my standards down for anyone. He already has started saying “ I love you” and I’ve met his family so this makes it even harder. 😣😣😣

To be honest I’m just finding him to be quite dry, lacking of deep intellect and candid conversations.( sometimes boring)

I think just because I let him be my fuck buddy for so long that he was never forced to truly court me through the dating process and we skipped over that crucial portion that make us to learn about each other... what do i do? Am i being too picky/hard on him or myself?