Officially put on “house” rest

Emily • 🤰🏼2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣9️⃣

I’m 33.6 today (my due date is a March 27) but was admitted to the hospital for pre term labor on Sunday after noticing I was having strong Braxton Hicks for about 2 hours. After the first little bit, I started timing them-after an hour of timing them they were averaging 45s every 3.5 minutes.

When I got to the hospital to be evaluated, they told me my cervix was 1.5cm and 75% effaced. It’s really scary being only 33 weeks pregnant and being told they need to stop your labor and give you drugs so the baby’s lungs can be developed if he were to come in the next week.

The first shot they used to try to stop my contractions did nothing. So then they gave me some pills every half hour. I ended up getting three doses before the contractions subsided. I was able to be discharged on Monday night because the contractions slowed down enough and there was no more dilation. My next goal is to keep him in and cooking for the next three weeks where it would be safe for him to arrive.

In the meantime, they put me on house rest. Which means I can’t work (unfortunately working from home isn’t an option for my job), and I can’t leave my house except for medically necessary appts. I also can’t lift anything or be on my feet for more than 20 min at a time.

Anyone else going through this? I’m really scared and overwhelmed.