Copper IUD too big for uterus?

Chloe

So i got the paragard IUD in September 2018 and have had heavier periods/worse cramping since then, but nothing I have felt like I can’t handle.

Recently, however, like within the past month or two, I’ve been having some pelvic pain and some pain during sex (when he goes deeper, towards my cervix) and I think I’ve timed the pain to be when I’m ovulating. When I was a teenager and on the pill I was diagnosed with mittelschmerz, or ovulation pain, and I had some cysts rupture a few times, so I thought maybe the IUD is making the pain worse for some reason.

I made an appointment with a gyn in mid January, when I last experienced the pain the worst, and she wasn’t really listening to me, she just seemed kind of rushed. But she said she thought the IUD might me too big for my uterus, since I’ve never had kids. Couldn’t do any x-rays or anything, but I did have a follow-up appointment for my IUD in November 2018 and everything was perfectly fine.

Has anyone experienced this? Like having an IUD that’s too big and having to get it removed, or being told your “uterus might be holding it in there”? That’s what she told me, and she said to check back in like a few months if the pain persists or gets worse.

I really wanted to get off of the pill for mental health reasons, and I wanted to find a non-hormonal BC option. I really want the Paragard IUD to work for me, and I’d love to hear any advice or similar experiences y’all may have!