STORY TIME : THE DEPO SHOT AND TTC

Jenna • Baby girl Reyna 👑 06-30-2021 💞 Baby #2 due 12-28-2022 💜 Lineman Wife♥️ 💍 12.30.2019 🥰 SAHM 💪🏻👩‍👧🤰🏼

So here's the basics, I went onto the depo shot almost 6 years ago. A couple months after I met the love of my life, my grandma found out quick we were active because my sister had her first ever pregnancy scare 😬🙄 I took it every 3 months up until my very last shot in November 2017. I didn't bother tracking my period during those years, all I knew was that it would come towards the beginning of the 3rd month about a week or so right before my next shot. I didnt really have period symptoms and one time I completely skipped a period until my next shot which triggered it after another month. So right before me and my boyfriend decided to move to New Mexico, I took one last shot in November 2018. When on the depo shot it usually takes about 3 months until the hormones wear off but a year or more to actually conceive, some are more lucky than others. Which is why they give the shot every 3 months so technically my shot wore off in February 2018. In the year 2018, we were never actually ttcing, just playing by the "If it happens, it happens" motto. 2018 was a huge year for us, moving from Southern California to Western New Mexico, living with my mom for 3 months until moving into our own apartment, getting jobs, settling in, etc. In May 2018, I decided to start tracking my periods because oh my goodness they were very sporadic, absolutely a mess and irregular. These were my periods when o first tracked

I THOUGHT THEY WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO A REGULAR CYCLE. BUUUUUT after almost a full year since November 2017 my period started to regulate!! By October and November I noticed my periods started to make sense. I looked at my periods in the list and noticed the funny pattern of it going from a 25 day cycle down to about 15 and back and forth and then it hit a 35 day cycle and slowly each cycle it started to shorten a day

AND THIS MONTH IS OFFICIALLY ONE YEAR OFF THE DEPO SHOT! And March will be our 4th month TTC. I'm also excited because I can finally say when my period is regular again 😌😌 Now some would question why that excites me? It took so much patience for me to reach this moment, I can now tell when my period is coming. I have my normal symptoms that tell me right away like miserable cramps 2-3 days before my period would start and sore breasts. This is helpful to me because it helped me not take pregnancy tests, I knew my cramps and knew they were period related so why bother? And this helped me not feel depressed for when seeing a BFN. I even called my SO and told him that's officially a year, and now I can do the one thing I've been patiently waiting forever to do. START USING OPK'S!!! I never used them as I was first tracking my period. Now it's time 😁😁

2019 Is a whole new year of <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android">Tracking Ovulation</a> and TTCING!!! THIS IS MY YEAR! I'm sorry for the long story but I want to celebrate by posting my experience and eating cookies and milk 😍😍🍪🍪 Any OPK suggestions would be great as well!! Has anyone else been on the depo shot?? Have you conceived? How long after taking your last shot did you conceive??!! Let me know your experiences 😍😍 celebrate with me!!