Husband’s against breastfeeding 😩

Isis

Ladies I don’t know what to do , we just found out that we are pregnant after ttc for almost 3 years and a stillbirth last thanksgiving. So him and I went to get some food in the middle of the night because I was starving and I came across something about breastfeeding and mentioned it to my husband . To my surprise he was so against it and for the STUPIDEST reasons . Like one of the reasons were he didn’t want my nipples to change. We’ve been together since 2006 and got married in 2010 . I absolutely adore my husband and we are usually on the same page about literally everything. I ended up yelling at him at one point because he just kept saying such immature bullshit every time I would start talking about why I want to do it . Basically his reasons were he doesn’t want my nipples to change , it’s gross when my boobs leak , and other immature shit along those lines . I am so shocked and hurt because literally my husband is not an immature guy by any means. He has been there for me in the hospital when I couldn’t even get to the toilet and was never like this so I just don’t know how to make him understand I am going to breastfeed because it’s what’s best for OUR BABY !!! Have any of you ladies experienced anything like this ? Please don’t attack my husband in the comments or tell me to leave him because that’s not realistic or helpful. Thank you ladies 🙏🏻🤰🏼🤦🏼‍♀️

UPDATE: so this morning I read some of the comments to my hubby and we got into a huge fight and I actually dropped him at home and went to eat alone I was so hurt and upset . Not because he didn’t agree with me but because I just felt like his reasons were stupid and had no actual problem that would make me think I shouldn’t breastfeed. Well he finally opened up to me and it has nothing to do with that. I had noticed that every time I brought up baby since our BFP he was very short and didn’t seem that interested or was just insensitive all together and when we were fighting I asked him why he kept acting this way. I thought maybe he didn’t want a baby after all or something but it’s much deeper than that. He’s deathly afraid to get too attached to this baby like he did with Liam. He told me he’s afraid to let it in because he thinks when he does the baby will be taken away. We had a really long talk and now I completely understand why this sudden immaturity is happening. It’s just him being weird because he didn’t want to tell me how he was actually feeling.

Thank you ladies so much for commenting and being there to support me . I literally have no friends here in Vegas and I didn’t know who to talk to about it. You ladies always know how to make a pregnant mama feel better ! 🌈💕🤰🏼🙏🏻