hypertrophic scarring for nose piercing:

Alexis

so i previously posted a picture of my hypertrophic scar and i couldn’t find anything that worked and FINALLY i found what worked for me. i wanted to share this so hopefully it helps somebody else because this scar is super ugly especially since it’s on my face. i couldn’t take picture or really hangout with anyone because it was embarrassing. anyways, this is what i did:

crush up aspirin of any kind. *IBUPROFEN DID NOT WORK FOR ME* all i had was low dose aspirin so i crushed up three for ONE use, so if you have regular maybe do 2, and if you have high dose maybe do 1. get sea salt non iodized, crush it up with the aspirin or separately, doesn’t matter. after that mix those together if you haven’t already, wait until you’re ready to apply the paste and then spray the saline spray you got from your piercer and get a little bit in a separate cup and put that in with the aspirin and sea salt mix. mix it up with a q-tip and place is on the area. everyone told me to sleep with it but i didn’t want salt all in my bed so i placed a bandaid over it to prevent that. the next morning, wash it off with hot water and that’s it. i’ve had mine for about 3 weeks but once i started using this it took me probably 5-6 days so almost a week. i saw progression after a couple days, it gets ugly and it may sting when you apply the paste but that’s a good thing because it means it’s healing up. everybody is different though, this worked for me, hopefully it helps you too.