Tiny Baby Bump Worries

El

My whole pregnancy, I’ve gotten the reaction “you’re pregnant?!” Or, even better, “do you have a bump yet?!”

More recently, I’ve gotten congratulations for having a small bump. I’ve even been told someone reacted by saying “that bitch!” when they found out I’m in my 6th month.

What they don’t know is how I’ve been overly concerned the entire time with the size of my bump. I wasn’t super skinny to start with, I’m by no means in shape and fit. I am small myself, that’s about it.

What they don’t know is that I’ve struggled to gain weight. Had I eaten before like I am now, I would have put on 30lbs.

What they don’t know is that my bump is measuring small at 20 centimeters instead of 24.

What they don’t know is that I have a 2nd anatomy scan this week to make sure my little one is growing.

What they don’t know is that I blame myself for having such a small bump. I blame myself for my baby potentially not growing.

The only information my OB has given me is that it’s healthy, but will be a small baby and needs to be checked up on.

My scan is Friday, my next appointment a few hours later. Any questions I should be asking? I feel like she’s not giving me enough information.