Baby story ❤️

Ap

Well ladies. Here is my birth story now that I have had some time to breathe and adjust. Baby Lucy was born on March 8th a week ahead Of schedule. To say it was not according to my birth plan is an understatement. I spent weeks and weeks researching so many things. There would be my yoga ball, an epidural, my husband would cut the cord AFTER delayed cord clamp. And then when baby was born I would encapsulated my placenta and blast through PPD with the pills.....

Not one thing happened EXCEPT my yoga ball. I was at work all morning having what I suspected were contractions. But I had a busy patient load and really didn’t want to go in if it wasn’t time. So I continue to room patients, and tracking the pain on my contractions timer app. I watched as they came back every five min, then three and then blending together. The app pops up a warning telling me to call an ambulance but for some reason my brain did not believe an APP.

I decided to go home and lay down and called my mother. As soon as I got home at 1230 my mother came and announced we were going to check with the hospital. I had not called my hubby yet from work as I wanted to wait til the nurse said it was active labor that was a HUGE mistake.

I made it to my hospital room with my yoga ball at 1240. The nurse requested I get onto the bed to check my cervix but it was SO uncomfortable to lay on my back. She had to help me up and then as she checked my cervix my bag of waters came gushing out and it was clear there was a problem. My baby had a bowel movement and merconium was apparent.

Soon as that broke I began to feel the urge to push. The nurse started calling everyone immediately and before she could finish her sentence the pushing was well on its way. I begged for an epidural and the nurse said it was to late. I was trapped. I was terrified.

Baby came in about four pushes and not a moment to soon. The pain was amazingly bearable and my baby was here. No daddy or doctor he made it in time. Just myself, my mother, and a few nurses. On international woman’s day.

Baby Lucy is perfect and by 1255 I was a mommy again. Thankful for all I have and look forward to snuggling my baby. ❤️