What night shift did to my body...

Katie

So ladies, i’ve been working night shift for over a year now and I’ve had drastic changes to my body in that time. So I felt like this info needed to be shared.

I knew it would be hard on me because, hello, we weren’t made to be nocturnal. But NOBODY told me what it would do to my hormonal health. I work as an ultrasound tech in a busy hospital so i work long shifts 4 nights a week. Let me also say that before this, i had the most regular periods with zero issues.

After a few months on nights, my periods got noticeable shorter. From 5 days to about 2 to 3 and it’s not abnormal for me to miss one now. After about 6 months on nights, my hair started to fall out in clumps and i was noticing abnormal weight gain. I started at 130 pounds. Over a year later i weigh 160 😳 Now, my diet has not changed but my eating schedule has. I’m on a regimen of vitamins and supplements to try and maintain a healthy balance.

For those women concerned with their fertile health, I definitely offer this as a warning because i worry about my chances of getting pregnant.