The most enthusiastic uncle

MountainMist • Mountain life!

My son was born six weeks ago. My boyfriend and I are loving being parents, but obviously we’re still adjusting and the newborn stage is hard. We’ve already discussed it and say maybe a couple years down the road we’ll talk about more.

But for now. I am six weeks postpartum. Lol.

So my mom brings three of my brothers to come visit us in the hospital. They’re seventeen, nine, and six. The nine year old, Evan, literally gets excited over nothing but video games and Oreos. But he is PUMPED to meet his new nephew. He’s like the model child visitor: constantly washing his hands, covering sneezes and coughs with his elbow, very quiet, doesn’t breathe in baby’s face, asks permission for everything, very inquisitive about why baby does this and that. My brothers are all wonderful but Evan is behaving like a ray of sunshine.

And then y’all. He asks me in front of everyone when we’re having more babies. 💀 We’re still in the hospital after having our first the night before!!! 😂😭 My mom laughed so hard she cried at the face I gave him.

Fast forward a few weeks, I’m over at my mom’s for dinner. My boyfriend is in the bathroom. Evan and I are sitting on the couch watching tv, I’m giving baby a bottle (Evan made the bottle and he was very proud). Out of nowhere, he says “I have a question.”

“Yes?”

“How many more babies do you think you’ll have?”

God damn curveball! I told him I didn’t know, but hoped that we could give the baby some siblings at some point. Evan smiled and said ok.

Then last night, he asks me when I would WANT another baby. Specifically phrased, because this kid is smart and knew he’d get the same answer as before if he just asked when we were having more. 😂 Guys, this kid is so cute and sweet, he’s so good with my son, and I dunno if these questions are hilarious or slowly going to kill me. He wants us to have just a herd of children.