Getting Dr. Approved Leave

Elizabeth • Thanks to Glow, I’m mommy to 2 beautiful girls EMS 7/2019 and MRS 4/2021 ❤️🎀

I qualify for 12 weeks of FMLA because of how long I’ve worked with the company.

Due to childcare reasons, I won’t be returning to work after birth, meaning I want to take advantage of the 12 weeks I’ve earned before the baby comes. End of this month is 12 weeks before my due date, and I have a Drs appointment around that time..

How can I get “disabled” for work by my Dr? I work in a high paced store and I want to go on leave as soon as I can as I’ve already been belly bumped by carts, have a hard time lifting heavy products over head, and can’t reach the register well without pressing my belly on the register which my little doesn’t seem to like as she gets all twisted up funny when I ring all day.

How can I convince my doctor to disable me from work, or what wording needs to be used by my doctor so I can go on leave? Just give me unaccomadateable restrictions? Are doctors usually pretty understanding and putting you on leave when you ask for it?

Any info would be helpful!