Marriage & friends

Tonight I vented to my husband, which resulting into me crying.

The part that touched me the most was when he told me he felt exactly how I felt. We got married in June, best day of our life.

My question is,

Why is it that all our close friends from childhood have pushed us away as if we never knew each other after we got married ? I don’t get it. We built so much memories and trust all these years. I get that marriage changes your life but why do childhood friends have to be one of them? I get that shared interests change as well but lately the way I’ve been feeling towards everyone is mostly anger and regret.

Why did I invite these people to my wedding? Gave them my time of day all these years?

The saddest part is every time we do get invited to family friend events it’s like no girlfriends say hi to me, I get lucky if someone does. My husband on the other hand has always had his hanging buddies but if you talk about true friends. His best man who was his childhood friend, backed out on the wedding day. Talk about REAL FRIENDS.

I’ve tried many times to say hi to everyone but if anything I want to leave by the time I do. Now and days I just don’t give a fuck about anyone anymore. I know some might not agree and say this is the “adult life” bitch I get it but when you really think about it. Everyone, married or not needs their share of true friends. Stuff like that fucks you up because then you end up not trusting anyone.

My husband is my only best friend but man... sometimes I wish I had girlfriends who understand enough to respect me the way I have respected them all this years.

Anyone else gone through these emotions? I just feel neglected after all these years.