Anyone else surprised by the amount of young children on social media???

I would like to state, I’m 25. I grew up in a no cellphone house hold, my first form of communication was a beeper (all my friends had cellphones) and that was only to communicate with my father.. at first I hated him so much.. I could only use the landline to talk to anyone.. but seeing what is going on now, I’m so damn grateful!!! The only time I had the opportunity for social media I was at friends houses and of course they were all on AOL or chat rooms.. now that seemed so simple!!

Current day, we have children 10-12 years old on chat rooms and snap chatting and on every social media outlet!!! I am so scared for when my little babies are older!!! I don’t even want to get them a phone and they aren’t even there yet lol... I am terrified!!! The amount of people who have access to our children through the open web... it’s unheard of... no it’s dangerous!!! I know so many parents who have teenagers who refuse to go through their phones... that boggles my fuckin mind!!! How do you not need to know what’s going on?? For their safety??? “Respect their privacy” sure but the internet is NEVER private!!! That’s why we should all be vigilant!! Sure when I was in highschool a dick pic was just a random dick I came across on a random chat site lmfao now A days we have children on social media with 100k followers... where it’s a common thing!! I’m fucking cringing.. I want to ban all social media but at the same time I don’t.. for obvious reasons... I’ll just have to keep a close eye on everything and Kill Bill any mofos that cross the line...